“We tend to overestimate the effort we put into movement or change, resulting in stagnancy. Let’s take a moment to relieve ourselves of any pressures and move in any kind of direction. Whether it’s a walk around the block or dancing in your kitchen, either way, our bodies are made to change and our souls are meant to move."
Playlist: Bad Ass Bish
Cardi B, Lizzo, Beyonce... just to name a few! We want to celebrate all the bad ass women out there who keep us moving! Here are some motivational beats to get you going. Thanks to Co-founder BobbiJo McCauley for putting together this badass playlist!
Enjoying Every Movement
We've found some interesting reads on the true pleasure of movement, benefits of staying active, how to combine movement with meditation, and the history of our booties!
French Feminine Secret: Make Everyday an Active Affair
In this article we'll take a peek into the lives of French women. How to live life more sensually while consciously increasing our daily movement.
Learn more here...
- The Real (and Surprising) Reasons Healthy Movement Matters: Dr. Krista Scott-Dixon says, "it's not abut busting your butt to get a gym body. It's about being capable, confident, and free."
- Movement Meditation: Find out what Movement Meditation is, a few guidelines to follow and some examples to try.
- The Movement Movement: In this 9 minute video, you'll learn about the movement movement and how it's farming fitness not by how much we exercise, but instead by how little we move.
- Man Against Horse: In this Radiolab podcast, we'll learn about the butt; where it came from, why we have one, and if ours can outrun a horse.
Stay Fresh and Natural
with this DIY Deodorant Recipe
Duebest co-founder, Daphne Sculac, has been using this DIY natural deodorant recipe for years. She swears by it, saying, "it's the only deodorant that actually works for me and, FYI - you will sweat, but you won't smell, which is my main concern!"
Move At Your Own Pace
Warm-up with a little morning yoga, find ways to keep active at your desk or slow down with a walking meditation. If you want to pick up the pace, we've also included a great pilates class and a full body workout. Here are a few suggestions to keep you in the flow.
- Yoga with Adriene: This awesome yoga video with Adriene is a nice and gentle way to start the day!
- Guided Walking Meditation: Walking mindfully can bring refreshment to the body and calmness to the mind. Give this 15 minute walking meditation a try and see how it feels.
- 25 Office Exercises: Whether you're going into the office or working from home, here's a list of exercises you can do just about anywhere.
- Full Body Workout: Check out this full body workout that you can do in just 13 minutes.
- Core Pilates Workout: Here's a great 20 minute pilates workout that you can do at home.
We know right now is a really challenging time for everyone. We are all navigating different ways of being and our only hope is to provide some solace for your mind, body, and soul during these trying times. We’ve all started to create new daily routines while keeping the fridge stocked, compulsively washing our hands, and staying up to date on the latest news briefs. It can be exhausting, but sometimes getting through the darkest days is the only way to gain clarity on what matters the most to us. We encourage you to set aside at least one moment each day for some reflection and self-care. Whether it's picking up a book you’ve been longing to read, taking a short walk around the block, or finally committing to a meditation practice; it’s important now more than ever to take care of ourselves so we can continue to care for the ones we love. Keep doing your best! We are all in this together, and together we will come out stronger than before.